Braised Curly Kale
1) Heat olive oil in a pan. Add Paprika, turmeric and black pepper and stir.
2) Add kale, sprinkle salt and cover with lid on low flame until tender for about fifteen minutes.
3) Garnish with Parsley and serve hot with whole grain.
Ingredients: ¼ cups each of shredded carrot and chopped celery, ½ cup chopped greens, 4-6 cups water, 1-2 slices of ginger, 6-8nos. black pepper, ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp cumin seeds, rock salt to taste.
1) Mix all ingredients together in a big pot and bring it to boil.
2) Simmer for about sixty minutes and remove from heat.
3) Mash the ingredients, strain out and discard the solid.
4) Enjoy the warm soup.
Salad with mixed vegetables and sprouts
Ingredients: ½ cup each of peeled, deseeded and diced cucumber and mung sporouts, 1/3 cup of grated carrot, one cup of green or red leaf lettuce, 1 tbsp each of lemon juice and soaked walnut pieces, 1 tsp chopped basil, one tbsp each of Parsley and extra-virgin olive oil, rock salt and ground pepper to taste.
1) Mix the sprouts, vegetables and fresh herbs in a bowl.
2) Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables and toss gently.
3) Dry-roast with walnut pieces and sprinkle over the salad.
4) Serve at room temperature.