Exercising is the best way to speed up body metabolism. Even during the rainy season, exercises can be done indoors. But caught in todays stressful lifestyles for those of you, who lack time and energy to exercise, and those who remain tied to their desks all day, here are a few alternatives from Ayurveda for improving body metabolism:
- A glass of herbal tea made with herbs such as mint leaves, coriander leaves, tulsi and bay leaves to which two teaspoons of honey is added, when consumed regularly promotes weight loss and increases metabolism.
- Preferably go in for a liquid diet one day every month, with adequate vegetable and fruit juice, soups, water and milk.
- Consult an Ayurvedic physician and take guggulu everyday, a herb that aids digestion and maintains body metabolic rate. Triphala “ a formulation containing three fruits such as bibhitaki, haritaki and amla helps in detoxification, while also nourishing the nervous system and improves digestion.
- Consume a glass of warm water to which a drop of honey is added, every morning, particularly during fluctuating temperature, as it could upset metabolism.
- Practice Kapalbhati and Suryanadi Pranayam everyday to keep the body warm and speed body metabolism.
- Bathing regularly in warm water helps improve body metabolism.
- Preferably, the ideal breakfast for improving body metabolism could be a cereal with skimmed mild, a grapefruit, skimmed milk, apple or fruit juice.
- Add ginger to all food ingredients for better digestion. Preferably, consume one tsp. of ginger powder after lunch.