Kidney disease is characterized by weakness, nausea, lethargy, loss of appetite, headache, breathlessness, disturbance in vision, itching and pallor. Scientific causes of kidney disease and kidney stones are due to body dehydration.
Different kinds of kidney stones include Uric, Calcium Stones, and Cystine. Men are more likely to develop kidney stones, than women. A kidney stone could block the urinary tract system, resulting in pain in lower back, groin, and rib area, nausea and vomiting, bloody urine, frequent urination, burning sensation during urination, accompanied by fever and chills.
Ayurveda recommends the following for treating Kidney Stones:
- Boil two figs in water, and drink every morning for one month.
- A teaspoon of basil leaves juice can be boiled with honey. This can be consumed each morning for five to six months.
- A cup of juice with radish leaves can be drunk twice a day.
- Drinking a glass of fresh tomato juice with a hint of salt and pepper could be beneficial.
- Rencare Capsules “ helps in easing urination, cools membranes of urinary tract, removes stones, and stops bleeding within urinary tract. The capsule contains herbs such as Gokshura, Cornsilk, Corriander leaves, Usher and Pashaan Bheda.
- Certain other herbs that are good in treating kidney problems include Dandelion, couch grass, yarrow, nettle, marshmallow root, parsley, red clover, juniper berries, uva ursi, cranberries, and hydrangea.
Apart from the said treatments, Ayurveda recommends eating a diet rich in grean leafy vegetables, and particularly including potatoes, parsley, watercress, cucumber, celery, garlic, asparagus, banana, papaya, watermelon, soybeans, cocoa, eggs, and spinach. Cut down on animal protein, and avoid cottage cheese, and sour kinds of foods such as kefir and yogurt. Also, make sure to drink atleast eight glasses of distilled water a day, and avoid caffeine.
Kidney stones, when left untreated could develop into kidney failure or prostrate cancer.