Soft, pink and healthy lips are a true asset to one’s personality, although not all are blessed with one. However, lips need only little care to make it appear naturally beautiful. Discussed below are solutions for common lip problems and tips for beautiful lips.
Remedy for Chapped / Dry Lips
Some causes of chapped and dry lips are over exposure to sunlight, less water consumption, lack of vitamin A, B and C, skin disorder of any kind, riboflavin deficiency, use of allergic cosmetic products, smoking or alcohol consumption.
- Cut down smoking / alcohol consumption completely
- Massage lips daily with almond oil or olive oil.
- Apply ghee, butter, or milk cream daily at bed time. This will keep lips soft.
- Drink enough water to keep your lips supple.
- Honey, being a natural moisturizer, can heal dry lips. Apply honey and wash it offer after sometime with plain water.
- Dip black tea bag in warm water and place it on lips to add moisture to dry lips
Remedy for dark lips
One of the most common reasons for dull and dark lips is smoking. Stress can also take its toll by making your lips dark. Also regular use of cosmetics and lipsticks, particularly use of low grade products, can make your lips dark. According to ayurveda, lips tend to crack, become painful and dark when vata dosha increases. This vitiated vata can be normalized by applying warm ghee infused with vata balancing herbs.
- Rub lemon juice to remove darkness of lips.
- Make a granular paste of olive oil and sugar. Apply it on your lips and rub this mixture in a round motion. This will work as exfoliator giving your lips a natural shine and colour.
- Cut down on excess coffee intake and beverages as they darken the lips.
- Applying milk cream regularly for months, will make lips pink.
- Grind white sandal powder and apply on lips to get pink lips
- Cut a piece of beetroot and rub gently on lips
- Make a paste of almond, and mix it with glycerine and apply on the lips
- Consume atleast 5 Indian gooseberries daily to remove darkness and add that pinkish glow to your lips.
- Drink tender coconut water every morning on an empty stomach
- Eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water