Anemia, which in other words is termed as without blood or deficiency of red blood cells(RBC) or hemoglobin, is a common condition, found mostly in women than in men. It is the most common blood disorder, and there are several kinds of anemia based on the underlying cause.
Iron supplements, the most apparent choice of treatment, are the first recommendation by doctors. However, long term use of such supplements could lead to stomach distress, constipation, or such other problems. In minor cases of anemia, a few natural options such as those mentioned here is worth trying.
- It is rightly said that an apple a day, keeps the doctor away. Eating apples regularly helps in boosting the iron content in the body.
- Two teaspoons each of beet root, nettle leaves and rehmannia root can be brought to a boil in three cups of water. Simmer for 5 minutes and turn off the flame. Allow to steep for about twenty minutes and strain the herbs. The resulting liquid can be consumed twice a day. This iron tea, is excellent remedy for anemia.
- Consuming a couple of dried figs also helps in improving the iron content in the body.
- Tea and coffee should be best avoided by anemic patients, as they hinder iron absorption
- As sunlight stimulates growth of red blood cells, sunbath is recommended.
- Apple Cider Vinegar or lemon and honey, when consumed in the morning are beneficial in curing anemia.
- All supplements of Amla (Indian gooseberry), which is high in vitamin C helps in anemia treatment and promotes good health.
- Yogasanas such as Paschomittanasana, Uttanpadasana, Sarvangasana and Shavasana are said to be beneficial in treating anemia.