Kale with Chick Peas
Ingredients: 2 cups of fresh kale, ribbed and cut into thin pices, ½ a cup of chick peas cooked, ¼ tsp each of lime juice and cumin seeds, 1/8 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp of chopped parsley, One tbsp ghee and salt to taste.
1) Steam Kale for about 12 minutes.
2) Heat ghee in a pan, Add cumin seeds and wait till the aroma is released
3) Add Kale, salt and turmeric and sautÃ© for two minutes
4) Now add chick peas and lime juice and mix
5) Garnish with Parsley and serve with cooked rice.
Ingredients: ¼ cup Basmati Rice, ½ cup chopped greens, 6 to 8 cups water, ¼ cup each of grated carrot, chopped celery, diced fennel bulb, 1/8 tsp ground coriander and cumin, ½ tsp ground fennel seed, 1 tsp mined cilantro and salt to taste.
1) Wash rice thoroughly and drain.
2) In a heavy-bottomed pot, bring the water to a boil.
3) Add the vegetables, rice, cumin, coriander and fennel and stir well.
4) Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for sixty minutes.
5) Sprinkle salt and mash the ingredients well, garnish with cilantro and serve.