Stomach Flu, is an intestinal infection, which is caused by several viruses. Stomach Flu, also known as Viral Gastroenteritis, affects millions every year, though most recover without any complications.
Symptoms: Major symptoms include vomiting and watery stools. However, it could sometimes, be accompanied by abdominal pain, headache, chills or fever. The symptoms are likely to disappear within two days or could last for even ten days.
- Bananas are actually known to soothe stomach, as they neutralize the acids that actually lead to stomach upset. Hence they are known to soothe diarrhea.
- Drinking Ginger tea or just chewing a piece of ginger can relieve symptoms of stomach upset. As they are easily digestible, it also helps in easing diarrhea.
- Drinking Peppermint tea helps in calming the stomach muscles.
- Drink half a glass of water to which half a teaspoon of baking soda is added. This relieves the heartburn or acid indigestion. This can be repeated several times a day.
- Avoid foods such as cauliflower, fried foods, onions, coffee, baked beans etc.
In case, the stomach persists or is more severe, a consultation with a medical professional is recommended.